Friday, November 4, 2011

Halloween Is NOT A Garment Holiday

This is something that has been bothering me for a long time. I do not understand why temple married, garment wearing, LDS members feel like they don't have to wear their garments on Halloween! Why do girls think they can wear any costume they want even if it is not garment appropriate. I just do not understand that logic. Garments are meant to be worn at all times, minus a few exceptions which are clearly stated and understood when you go through the temple - Halloween is NOT one of those exceptions. Why in the world would Halloween be a Church approved time to dress immodestly and not wear your garments! I do not understand. I get very upset when I get on Facebook after Halloween to see LDS members, who I know have gone through the temple, wearing a costume that does not allow them to wear their garments. Yesterday I ran through the news feed on Facebook to find a girl who got married in the temple two months ago already decide it was ok to wear a strapless black mini dress as a Halloween costume! Hello girl! Halloween is not a garment holiday! Halloween is not an excuse to dress immodestly! It really makes me upset when people completely disregard the importance and purpose of the garment and decide not to wear their garments on Halloween. I do not understand it!

1 comment:

Heidi Ence said...

Amen! Plus, wouldn't be feel weird not wearing them? I would feel guilty if it were me. Ugh. Good for you for holding your standards!