Monday, October 13, 2008

Always double-check before you send a text message...

So there is this guy I have a really big crush on. (I’ll call him Ryan) He’s all wrong for me of course (a little bad boy type) but he is so cute! We hung out the first time we met and he asked for my phone number that night. Over the next week, we had some contact but I wanted to hang out with him again. One day I wrote my friend Heather a text message that said, “I want to hang out with Ryan bad! Man, what is my deal?” Only it didn’t say hang out, it said make-out : ] I sent the text message and ran inside the Marriott Center to pick something up at the ticket office. When I got back in my car, I had a text. It said it was from Ryan so I got really excited. My excitement was short-lived as I thought back to the previous text I sent and realized I may have made a mistake on the recipient. Indeed I had! I opened the text from Ryan to find out I sent the text message to him on accident instead of Heather! I sat in my car mortified lol. I couldn’t stop saying, “Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!” His response back asked if that was a good thing and said, “It is isn’t it?” I could not believe what just happened. I so did not want him to know that I wanted him lol. It sucked! I was so embarrassed. I spent the next few hours trying to decide if I would ever respond and what I would say if I did. We have hung out once since then and I’m sure he forgot about it. But it was not one of my finest moments. Moral of the story: Make sure you double-check who you are sending a text message too before you send it.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

i have done this before, but to a girl friend that i was talking about because she hurt my feelings. we really had have it all after she got my text!

Spencer and Erin said...

Oh I know exactly what you are talking about.. I did the same exact thing... during my Tuscany days actually.. haha.. it was horrible! I hope yours turns out a LOT better than mine! Good luck!

Jenn Hoff said...

Ha! That sucks! I've done that before, too. Oh, it's the WORST! I'm sorry for your pain but glad that I'm not the only one who's done this!
By the way, I'm Rachel Green's friend and clicked over here just for fun. :)