Saturday, November 7, 2009

Las Vegas



I'm living in Las Vegas! It's been almost 4 weeks and I'm still glad I moved to be closer to Spencer. We've been dating since March when we both lived in Provo. We both graduated in April and by June 1st Spencer moved to Las Vegas to go to physical therapy grad school at UNLV and I moved home to Beaverton. I spent the summer having fun and we continued to date long distance. We discovered a long distance relationship is not very much fun, so I moved to Las Vegas. Now we're both here and having fun being together.
I've also been having tons of fun because I've been on a 6 month summer vacation!!! I graduated in April in elementary education and found out this summer that most school districts were not looking to hire. It's actually worked out great because it's given me time to relax after graduating and decide what I wanted to do. I owe that relaxation ALL to my parents who have been amazingly supportive!!! They're amazing!! So now I'm in Vegas, working at an assisted living home and searching for a teaching job for next year. Life is really good!

4 comments:

HAYHAY said...

I'm glad life is really good. Spencer looks like a good guy! You need to get together with Kara. You probably have already talked to her, but she is in Vegas too!

Good luck with everything. You look so great!

marc and becky said...

okay so he is such a cutie!! i totally missed the memo where you were moving to Vegas for a BOY!!! i love it! you look great! good luck looking for a job. sure do love you!

Unknown said...

karli.. that is so awesome. i had no idea you moved to las vegas. i am glad that you are liking it. i am in wa just working before grad school. anyway good luck with everything.

Juliann said...

COngrats Karli!! You deserve the best. You are such a great person. I really enjoyed the short time we spent as roomies!! Good luck with all the wedding planning! I know you picked well because his name is Spencer (I also married a Spencer!). Send me your e-mail address and I can add you to our blog! juliannmiller@gmail.com
Congrats again!